Top 5 Thanksgiving Mobile Apps
Posted by Patricia Gorecki | 11/12/2013 | Category: Mobile Apps
November is here which means Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Whether you are preparing to cook a traditional Thanksgiving feast for the entire extended family, looking for some new dishes to add to the menu or planning a trip back home, we have got you covered with the Top 5 Apps to make this Thanksgiving perfect.
1. FlightView Free Flight Tracker: Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel times of the year. Combine that with unpredictable November weather and your holiday flight can be full of delays and frustration. With the FlightView Free Flight Tracker, you can track flights, view weather maps and receive real-time alerts about flight delays. Whether you are picking up relatives or getting ready for your own flight, you will be "in the know." Free for iOS and Android.
2. Thanksgiving Menu Maker from Fine Cooking: Looking to change things up this year? Tired of the old Thanksgiving standbys? With the Thanksgiving Menu Maker, switching things up is simple. Recipes are broken down into categories for easy searching. Add the dishes you want to make to the planner section and a shopping list will automatically be created. This section also schedules out the necessary prep time for your entire meal. Free for iOS.
3. Epicurious Recipes: Ready to plan the perfect gourmet Thanksgiving? Check out the Epicurious Recipes app, dedicated to creating the ultimate foodie menu. Recipes from Gourmet and Bon Appetit magazine are sure to delight your guests. More than 30,000 recipes range from Clementine-Salted Turkey with Redeye Gravy to Pumpkin Stuffed with Vegetable Stew. Free for iOS and Android.
4. KitchenPad Timer: Nervous about your first time hosting Thanksgiving dinner? Overwhelmed by managing the ten things you need to cook simultaneously? With KitchenPad Timer, you can track up to five stove top items and four oven items at once. Label each time clock, give it its own alarm signal and even designate the temperature you are using. Now you don’t have to worry about over cooking the turkey! $1.99 for iOS.
5. ESPN ScoreCenter: Once the meal is over, it is time to sit down for the National Football League’s Thanksgiving Classic. Keep up on all the games with the ESPN ScoreCenter App. You can set up a personalized scoreboard and view live game details. Now you can track your favorite team's score from the palm of your hand! When football season ends, this app keeps going, tracking basketball, baseball, hockey and more. Free for iOS and Android.
With these apps, it is easy to sit back, relax and enjoy the season! Know of any other great Thanksgiving apps that you can’t live without? Let us know!