Restaurant Trends for the New Year
Posted by Patricia Gorecki | 12/11/2013 | Category: Restaurants
The new year is quickly approaching. 2014 is set to continue blurring the lines of hospitality, as vegetables are incorporated into desserts and ice cream sandwiches get the gourmet treatment.
MojoBistro has the rundown on what is sure to be trending in the restaurant industry starting in 2014.
Top Food Trends for 2014
- Ice Cream Sandwiches: As food trucks and pop-up restaurants continue to grow in popularity, these portable desserts are about to get the same treatment as the cronut of yesteryear.
- Seafood: Sea-to-table will introduce far out fish dishes including octopus and monkfish liver.
- Combinations: Unusual pairings are sure to be a hit. Follow in the well-received footsteps of the ramen burger or dessert pizza with your own concoction.
Top Beverage Trends for 2014
- Tea: Tea is the hot item for 2014. Look for the introduction of tea cocktails in the coming months.
- Infused Ice: Bars and restaurants are enhancing the flavor in their drinks with infused cubes of ice. From herbs to lavender, cocktails are sure to be filled with new flavors.
- Drink Fusions: Restaurants will continue to expand their food/drink combinations. Spiked snow cones and other treats are set to remain on menus into 2014.
Top Restaurant Trends for 2014
- Multipurpose Dining: It is two restaurants in one. Look for local eateries to begin implementing a more multipurpose design with fine dining on one side and a more casual atmosphere on the other.
- Specialized Ethnic: 2014 introduces the concept of hyper-local ethnic cuisine. From small geographic regions to a single city focus, specialized ethnic cuisine is becoming very specific.
- Tableside Service: From the traditional—tableside guacamole—to the exotic—tableside margarita carts—tableside service is getting a renewed focus in 2014. These entertaining presentations are sure to delight customers and translate to an increase in sales.
Looking for more tips and trends? Check out the MojoBistro Blog for the latest news and inspiration.