Top Apps for a Better You in 2014
Posted by Patricia Gorecki | 12/18/2013 | Category: Mobile Apps
2014 is quickly approaching and with it comes a new set of resolutions for a better, brighter year. To make it a bit easier to stick to this year’s resolutions, here are some apps that will help you develop better habits, stay sharp, keep up to date and be more effective in your activities.
1. Lift: This year, focus on developing good habits. It can be easy to get started but often, after a few days, we lose track or start making excusing. With Lift, you can track your habit-forming activities as an added motivator to keep you going. Once you have downloaded the app, you can write your own habits, draw on suggested habits from the community or even join a group of people who are working toward the same goal. Once you have decided on a habit, start tracking. The app will plot your check-ins on a calendar and highlight when it becomes a regular occurrence. Free for Android and iOS.
2. Cozi: Having trouble keeping track of your family’s busy schedule? The Cozi app makes it easy to coordinate your schedules and manage errands. Set a reminder to your calendar or add an item to a shopping list and Cozi will share it to your family’s device so they are updated on what’s going on and who is responsible for what.
Free for Android and iOS.
3. Manilla: Stick to your budget this year with Manilla, a website and app that stores your bills in one place, sends you reminders when they are due and files them for you. Now it is easy to see exactly how much cash you have left and stick to your planned budget. Free for Android and iOS.
4. Push.co: Never miss out on the news you are interested in ever again! With the Push.co app, you can enable real time notifications for your favorite blogs and news sites. You choose the headlines you want to read and get the news in real time. It is a simply way to stay on top of the days latest headlines. $1.99 for iOS.
5. Everest: Does the thought of tackling your resolutions overwhelm you? Not sure where to start? Check out the Everest app. Everest encourages you to take your goal and break it down into more manageable, bite-sized bits. Not sure what to focus on for the coming year? Everest has a Challenges tab that allows you to accept someone else’s dare with options ranging from “cutting out sweets for a week” to “running a half marathon.” Keep yourself accountable by connecting with your friends and the Everest community. Free for iOS.
Start off the new year with these mobile apps on your phone and sticking to your resolutions will be a piece of cake! Make sure to check out the MojoBistro Blog for more insights into the world of mobile.